Monday, September 01, 2008

Exhausting Day

A few days ago, I got a wedding invitation from my high school friend who now lives in Singapore.
The wedding will be held at Sukabumi. Since I'd already promised to her that I would come, I persuaded (more likely forced) my boyfriend to drive me there yesterday.

My first trip to Sukabumi was when I'm in Senior High School. I went there on a weekend with my room mates. Back then most of my room mates were Sukabumis. We took public transportation from Bogor directly to Sukabumi. I was squeezed during the trip (poor me). But the trip was kind of fun.

Encouraged by my one and only trip to Sukabumi, I went to Sukabumi yesterday. The trip was completely different. There were traffic jams all the way (pasar cicurug lah, ciawi lah, cibadak lah and ci ci lainnya) and heavy rain was pouring down. We were stuck, couldn't turn around since the other way was also jammed. It took us 3 hours to get there while the distance is only 58 km! Our average speed was 20-30 km/hour and sometimes even 0 km/hour.

When we finally arrived, the wedding was done. All the guests were gone, only families there. Thank God, the mother of the bride still recognized me and told me where my friend was. I caught her right before she leaved the building and grabbed her to the nearest table. I had not met her since 4 or 5 years ago. My friend, Mei, she looks happy but so skinny, she said she couldn't eat much in Singapore. She does not like Singaporean food, so she cooked at home after her exhausting job. I almost chocked. Mei cooks! hahaha... back then in high school, she only cooked Indomie Goreng+kuah (a lot of kuah, more than my Indomie Rebus haha).

We couldn't stay long there, we had to go back before it's getting dark. After saying our good byes, ate whatever left there and of course taking a couple of photos, we went home. The weather was terrible, but the traffic was better. All the markets closed already I supposed :P

I picked my mom at Bogor, and went to my cousin's house at BSD (My mom sleeps there during the week day) and went home at 11 PM, tired and exhausted.

PS: Congratulations to Mei and Hans! Hoping to see you soon.

No comments: