Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Jakarta and Bali

What are the differences between Jakarta and Bali? Why Bali is so popular among foreign tourist while Jakarta is not? The answer can be a lot of things. It could be the beautiful beaches Bali has, the mountains, the tradition, or the unique souvenirs.

But for me, the main difference is because Jakarta people can not learn when to shut their mouth. This morning, I went to my meeting place with my friend as usual (I go together with my friends everyday to the office). I wore my company jacket which is slightly oversize. And when I walked passed two men, one of them yelled, "Loh, kok ga ada tangannya!"

Why? why did he have to say things like that? Why can't he just shut his mouth and let the pedestrian walked by in peace? and not only this people, most of "tukang ojek, anak-anak muda pengangguran" does the same things. Not only the boys, but the girls also. Pissed me off!

When I went to Bali, everything was so different. No "mulut-mulut jahil" everywhere, no matter what I wear or what I do.

I implore the Jakarta government to put "people education about basic manner" as one of their top priorities, if they want to improve Jakarta Tourism. Let the tourist feel save not just physically and belongings save, but emotionally save.

1 comment:

Arlyne said...

wakakakakak.... makanya pake jaket jangan kedodoran..
dasar unyillll unyillll

wakakaka...