Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tiger Airways: Always 45 minutes late.

In this post I'm gonna write a review about the new airlines TIGER AIRWAYS.
This review is based on my personal experience with TIGER AIRWAYS on 4 & 6 April 2009.

Instead of writing a long narrated review, I'm gonna write the review in pro-cons format:

Pro:
1. Very-very affordable.
2. New airplanes and clean. Bright.
3. Got ferrero rocher (my choco fave) on my trip back to Indonesia.
4. The stewardess are helpful.
5. Very energetic and cheerfull pilot.

Cons:
1. Got delayed twice (from sin - jkt, and jkt - sin). The delay was around 45 mins, which I find it very inconsistent with one of their tips to the passengers. One of their tip is requesting the passenger to be on time so their can be on time. See image below:

2. Just landed airplane was used right away for the next flight. The passengers were literally waiting the plane to land, see the people coming out with their own eyes before boarding into the same plane.
3. Fill in the aftur (bensinnya pesawat bener ga sih nulisnya?) while some of the passengers are already inside the airplane.
4. Got unpleasant sound which I dont know how to describe it but I'm gonna try it anyway. The sound was like 'rrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrr rrrngnngnrr' every time when the engine turn on and off. And yes the sound was loud and took quite some times before it was gone.
5. Located at Budget Terminal (Still in Changi but OMG so different with the other terminal see my other post about it)

Will I fly with Tiger again?

The answer might be yes and might be no. Depend on the budget.
But overall the airlines is quite okay for me. No scary and traumatic experience. I will recomend this airlines for those with limited budget and able to make some compromises. But I will definetely warn them about the unusual sound.

1 comment:

Johan Rusli said...

weleh...weleh...ternyata begitu ya Tiger...padahal itu kan maskapainya Singapore toh...