Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bali, Island of God, Day 1

At last I go to Bali for the first time. As an Indonesian but never been there, it's such a shame. Anyway, I go to Bali to do my pre-wedding photo shoot. Hurray. I spent 5 days and 4 nights there, and no I did not spend all of my days there to do the photo shoot. Even though if I could, I would! I'm that narcissist *blush*

Arrived on 21 August 2008.

After we met Pak Made (our pick up guy) we went to the Hotel to put our belongings, which is 36.6 kilos by the way. "We" = me and my fiance. Of course I would be dead for sure if I did not include him in our pre-wedding photo shoot. We got Aston Denpasar hotel as part of our deal with the photographer (FnG, Faith and Grace, Managed by Edward Suhadi). The hotel is new, still in soft opening promo so it's very clean and the staffs were excellent. Strongly suggested.

After that, I went to Evy room's (my make up artist/marketing of FnG) to have my make up put on while Hengky (you know who, yes he is my fiance) taking a bath.

Our first photo shoot was in our bedrooms which was by then covered with our clothes. (Jualan kali ye). The theme was picking each other clothes. Still "malu-malu" deh.
Since I did not eat anything but milo yesterday, and only ate little sandwich on the plane my stomach growled like Alec Azam (dah nonton WALL-E blum?), so we got out from the hotel to find a nice place to eat.

Unfortunately, Bali was still on Galungan holiday. Many restaurants were closed and we ended up eating in the middle of no where and ate Ayam Betutu. Sorry, can not give more information, too hungry to think. The food was just okay but very fulfilling to my empty stomach.

Next stop was Sukawati. Me, the girl who loves colour and shopping, went crazy. Nothing new. We took a lot of photos there, by looking at a glance on them, they seem fantastic.

It was 4 PM already, so we went to the Nusa Dua beach. So excited! Beach... beach...beach...
We changed our clothes inside of the car (believe me, starting from that moment I'm truly appreciate magician who can change clothes inside of small cupboard). We put down our sandals, headed to the beach., and.... no idea how to pose. It's a beach for God's sake. Nothing there but water and the sand. So, Victor and Hendry (our photographers) told us patiently what to do. They even did a sweet and romantic holding hand pose. We lost our volley ball on that moment. Haha. :D

A bit tired and hengky started to catch a cold, so we went to eat at Rumours. We were told that Angel Hair Pasta is recomended by Edward. Therefore 3 Angel Hairs, 1 Fetucinni, and 1 Lasagna were ordered. The cheft must be cacthing and collecting the angels first, because we waited quite some times there. And then the food came. After I ate it, I decided to rename the food back to the original name I supposed. Mi Swa Goreng. FYI, Rumours' motto is "what you hear is true" so trust this one, Mi Swa Goreng, no kidding!

We went back to the hotel after that, asked for our welcome drink (ga mo rugi banget sih), took a bath, put on a lot of cajuput oil (kembung bok dari pantai) and while me sleep like a baby, hengky is stil sroot...sroot...sroot...

Day 1, finished.

No comments: