Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WALL-E

Fiuhh finally, after waiting and waiting and hoping every Wednesday, I was able to watch WALL-E on August 14 at Senayan City.
The movie did fulfill my expectation on everything. The funny part, the animation part and the story part and of course the short story part. Presto and alec azam. Maybe my judgment is a bit subjective here, since the long waiting has blurred my vision.

Anyway, in this blog I'm not going to talk about the movie, it's too long and you can find better version of story telling in wikipedia. So, feeling so wise I'm going to talk about inspirations or moral story I get from the movie:
  1. Each person has different things he/she valued. For wall-e the box is more valuable the diamond rings. Even though the diamond is as big as Krupp Diamond. Not for me though, I'll definitely keep the ring. May be it's because WALL-E is male xixixixixi.
  2. Never give up even when you feel alone or when you feel your job is a never ending problem. Just keep doing what you do best. In this movie WALL-E is literally alone, yet he still compacting the trash into small cubes. WALL-E jia you!
  3. Be wise and learn to compromise depending on the situation. Basically EVE is programmed to shut down every time she detects a plant and return it to the AXIOM. But when she sees WALL-E's live in danger, she chooses to ignore the program to save WALL-E. How sweet..... If a robot can have feeling, why can't we human?
  4. Be one of a kind, look around, don't just do things just because it's a customarily, or you'll end up like people in AXIOM. Learn from M-O, he follows his passion in cleanliness and learns to act on his own accord. FYI, M-O is my favorite character... so cute ^o^
  5. Do it yourself. If you want to accomplish something, do it yourself, don't tell others to do your job, it won't work 100% like you want it to be done. When human want to clean the earth, they have to be part of it. Ordering WALL-Es while having a fabulous time in AXIOM won't work.
Well, I think that's it. I can't think anything else. The other moral story of the movie is too cliche to mention. Things like:
  1. Global warming, and watch your trash or we'll end up polluted the earth too much, we can stay there anymore.
  2. Fight for your believe, even though you may crushed because of it.
  3. Etc etc.....

No comments: