Wednesday, March 04, 2009

American Idol 8: Group 3

Name : Von Smith
Song : You’re All I Need To Get By
My thought: I was really surprised. The shouty boy actually can sing and I believe that this is the best first performance compare to group 2 or even group 1. I don’t like the song btw.

Score: 7/10

Name : Taylor Vaifanua
Song : If I Ain’t Got You

My thought: This spot is not for you dear. You just booked your plane ticket home.

Score: 6/10

Name : Alex Wagner-Trugman
Song : I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues

My thought: To be honest, I really like the performance. I think the vocal was nice and I like the awkward geeky movement. I wish I could keep him in top 12.

Score: 7/10

Name : Arianna Afsar
Song : The Winner Takes It All

My Thought: This must be the pitchiest performance ever ever ever. Meryl Streep sang it better. I’m very disappointed.

Score: 3/10

Name : Ju’Not Joyner
Song : Hey There Delilah

My Thought: I love the song. I really do. I think since I heard Jamar sang it I fell in love with the song instantly and no I really like Ju’Not rendition over the song. There are some pitchy notes but the tone was definitely my cup of tea.

Score: 7.5/10

Name : Kristen McNamara
Song : Give Me One Reason

My Thought: I like this girl, I always do. I think she got a nice big voice and I really like the smoky tone. Not crazy about her song choice though. I do hope America will vote for her. Too bad she didn’t show the personality. But she can sing.

Score: 7.5/10

Name : Nathaniel Marshall
Song : I Would Do Anything For Love

My thought: I hate the rendition. Never like the original song, hate it now. But he seems a nice guy. I wish I could see Simon wear that head band.

Score: 6/10

Name : Felicia Barton
Song : No One

My Thought: The girl is good. I’m glad she replaces the girl who forgets the lyric. Pitchy in some notes but still good.

Score: 7.5/10

Name : Scott MacIntyre
Song : Mandolin Rain

My Thought: I love Scott from the first time I heard him sing. Too bad there are some pitchy notes. I can feel his emotion pouring all over.

Score: 7.5/10

Name : Kendall Beard
Song : This One’s For The Girls

My Thought: She’s not bad. Pretty dress, cheerful and show some personality. I wish I can see her more but the chances are pretty slim I guess.

Score: 7/10

Name : Jorge Nuñez
Song : Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me

My Thought: Wow, this man is really good. He’s funny also. "When I get emotional everything is in Spanish" LoL. Hope he sails through

Score: 8/10

Name : Lil Rounds
Song : Be Without You

My thought: When I heard Mary J Blige performed this song in Oprah, I just fell in love with her and the song. I don’t know why I can’t like this girl. I mean she’s a great singer, her voice is very mature but somehow I feel the performance was shouty, and I didn’t get the feeling like when I heard Mary J Blige sang it. Of course the judges gave her praises from heaven.

Score: 8/10

Prediction:

Top Male or Second highest vote: Scott or Jorge

Top Female: Lil


1 comment:

Khaiwong said...

Scott is going to win, forget all the rest of the contestants :)