Friday, March 06, 2009

American Idol 8: Wildcard Show

Name : Jesse Langseth
Song : Tell Me Something Good
My thought: First spot, not a good sign. Definitely better than the last performance, but I don't think it is enough.
Score: 7/10

Name : Matt Giraud
Song : Who’s Loving You
My Thought: I think he sounded great, but I'm not jumping on my chair. Not my cup of tea. The judges are of course loving him. The blues boy is back.
Score: 8/10

Name : Megan Corkrey
Song : Black Horse and A Cherry Tree
My Thought: I absolutely hate the performance. I think even she is a unique contestant, she is monotonous. I'm guessing she will be doing the same goofy dance moves next week and pretty soon Simon is going to be bored with her. Btw I think the song suit her personality and predictable.
Sorry folks, I just don't get all the buzz! I think she's pretty save since Simon really like her.
Score: 5/10

Name : Von Smith
Song : Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
My Thought: He keeps growing in me. The beginning was terrific for me and the rest was not that bad but I don't think it was enough. Especially when the judges don't seem to impress with him. See ya Von.
Score: 7/10

Name : Jasmine Murray
Song : Reflection
My thought: I was surprised, I thought she's going to sing Rihanna's song. A bit flat in the high tone but Simon seemed very impressed with her. Jasmine is one of my favorite contestant since the audition. She made me fall in love with Fergie's song. Fergie owed her a new fan.
Score: 7/10

Name : Ricky Braddy
Song : Superstitious
My Thought: I wish I could keep him in top 14. Damn, I think someone in the show hates him. He never featured, and the male judges are unfair. I feel like the judges are already knew who's going to be picked. Poor Ricky. I think he sounded very good. Very good singer, a bit clumpsy moves I have to agree with Simon though.
Score: 8/10

Name : Tatiana Del Torro
Song : Saving All My Love For You
My though: O MI GOD!!! the same song? are you kidding me miss? are you aware that you have to impress the judge instead of america? no no let me say this correctly, are you aware that you have to impress SIMON? That man won't be pleased to hear the same song again. You just blew your chance miss and the performance was not as good as the first one.
Score: 6/10 (yes i do think she is more interesting than megan, at least she's got multiple personalities :P)

Name : Anoop Desai
Song : My Prerogative
My thought: Finally I can hear Anoop sings this song. Not as good as I thought it would be but the crowd really love him and he showed a tremendous personality. I think he will be pick since he got the hot spot.
Score: 7.5/10

My choice: Anoop, Ricky, Matt
My guessing: Matt, Megan, Anoop

Official result: Jasmine (huh?), Megan (i knew it, sob sob), Matt (just okay), Anoop (woo hoo!!!)

1 comment:

Khaiwong said...

I didn't watch the show, but saw their performance at rickey's. I think ricky was really good. megan shouldn't be picked, damn.. i don't get it, judges! same weird dance. i never like the song she sang though. worst song choice

Go Scott!!