Monday, March 02, 2009

Recipe: Mommy's Shrimp

Okay.. I finally decided to name my new recipe like that since this is my first recipe that got approved by my mother. For your information, my mother is very picky on food. So this is quite accomplishment for me hehehe

Mommy's Shrimp

Ingredients:

100 gr/10 medium shrimp
1.5 tablespoons butter
1-1.5 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (bango)
1 tablespoons light soy sauce (lee kum kee)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
0.5 onion (cut)
2 slice of ginger (cut into thin stick)
2 cayenne peppers (cabe rawit, gw juga baru tau) (optional)
1.5 limes
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Peel the shrimps and deveined then marinate with 1 lime. Wait for 5 minutes. Wash before cooking.
2. Heat the pan and cooking oil, saute the ginger until it turn white and toss the garlic and cayenne peppers. Keep sauteing until the garlic starts to change color then toss the onion. Cook until the onion a bit soft.
3. Toss the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
4. Put the sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, stir and simmer a while with medium heat.
5. Put the salt and pepper. Stir. Taste. Turn off the heat. Ready to serve. You can add the 0.5 lemon if you like.

For 2 people

Note:
1. Lee kum kee light soy sauce is not only salty but also sweet. Put extra sweet soy sauce if your light soy sauce is salty only.
2. I post the pictures latter when I cook this recipe again. Yesterday we were so hungry, did'nt have the time to take the picture.

No comments: