Friday, January 02, 2009

Food and Me

I'm never consider my self as a food picky person, but I do have some of Blacklisted Foods, such as:
- Food with dominant scent: cilantro, fried onion, taugeh (bean sprout), celery, spring onion, bell pepper. Ughh...
- Smelly foods: goat, intenstines (except chicken and paru goreng oke la) and durian.
- Gross thingy: insects, reptiles (i dont eat snake), codot, bat. Yuuuckkss....
- Cute animals: rabbit, birds (exc chicken)
- Not supposed to be eaten animals: cat, horse, dog, deer, turtle, tiger

And yes, I do have somekind of 'rules' of my own about food. First one is I consider a food is different if and only if has different smell, material, cooking method and taste.
So, if you cook vegie cah with garlic, no matter even though you change the vegie (from kailan to caisim to broccoli) for me it's the same food. and the same food bikin gw BOSEN!

Second one is I really hate I repeat HATE it when people add food with dominant scent into my food, because it will make my food smell like the added food and lost its original smell.
Okay for example is if you fried noodle/kwetiaw/bee hoon/vermicelli/mee shua with bean sprout, for me the food doesn't smell like fried noodle anymore. But it smells like TAUGEH GORENG!!!! Yucks! That's why taugeh is one of my blacklisted food.

Not to mention what if all the strong scent food is the main dish, e.g: spring onion or celery cah.. alamaaaaakkkkkkkkkk......... pengsan dah gw....

Ehm... quite a long list eh? but in my defense I eat mostly anything else outside the black list. I eat chicken, seafood, beef, pork, unagi, most of the vegie, I even eat snails once!
I don't have to eat rice, I can live from bread, noodle and it friends
I eat many cuisines from Peranakan, Java, Chinese, Sunda, Betawi, Italian, Japanese, Western, Padang, Menado, Junk Food, and Thai. I eat all of them. I just need them to be rotated. Please? Pretty please with sugar on coat....???

No comments: