Friday, January 02, 2009

The most delicious food I ate since....

...well, you know since I moved here.

Today, I was treated lunch by my colleague. We ate Thai Food at Lerk Thai Restaurant downstairs.
We ordered Tom Yam clear soup, Red Curry Beef, Pandan Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice.
To be honest, I was a bit pessimistic about the tom yam soup. I just had terrible experience 2 days ago eating a tom yum fish soup. It's taste like crap! I think they put milk into the Tom Yam Soup, so you can imagine the taste by yourself. Milk + Tom Yam not equal to good combination people.

Back to Lerk Thai..
To my delight the soup was clear (woo hooo!) and when I tasted it hmmmmm............ heavenly!
It's a perfect combination of spicy, salty, sour and a bit of sweet. Definitely the most delicious thing I've ever eaten over here!

The pineapple rice was also a surprise for me. It's taste quite different with the one I used to eat back in Indonesia but it was also nice. They put raisin in the rice but very little pineapple hehehe...The rice also topped with a light sweet of (I'm not sure) chicken floss?

The pandan chicken was okay. But not as good as Thai & I's at Plaza Semanggi.

The red curry beef is a bit of disappointment. I'm not sure whether because I was too full but it's just not my taste.

I'm planning to go there again sometimes to order the dessert (singkong manis). I'll write again later.

No comments: