Friday, January 02, 2009

Theory of Taste Evolution

A month in here, and I'm busy bitching about the food to my fiance almost everyday (If he's lucky, some of my best friends go online, and I can do this never-ending babbling to them instead of him).
I think, I've reached his limit cause he's starting to babbling back to me hahaha...
He said that I am 'susah makannya' because I bored easily. He also said that he can eat the food that we are eating over over and over again.
Since I don't like to loss an argument over him and I have nothing to do now, so I think I'm gonna make my day as productive as anyone else's by creating this theory.

This theory uses me as a main and only sample. Narcissism, but so what. Old news. I'm gonna do a little survey latter though .

My profile (related with food)
- born in central java by Peranakan Mother and Chinese Father. That's mean Java, Peranakan, Chinese Food.
- went to high school in Bogor and spend more than 10 years in Jakarta. . That's mean Sunda Food, Japanese Food, Italian Food, Padang Food, Junk Food, Betawi Food, Western Food and Thai Food.

Okay, you never truly appreciate what you have until it's gone.
When I lived at bogor, for the first time I developed craving for Peranakan, Java and Chinese Food and when I got back I missed the Sunda, Italian, Japanese Food. Same thing happened after I moved to Jakarta.

See, my taste of food evolves without me realizing it! and now after 13 years it's like a swiss biological clock. I need and must to rotate the food!

So, the First theorem of my theory is
"A person (in this case is someone who enjoy food not just eat-to-live person like you know who) whose surrounded by more than one type of cuisine, tends to rotate the food/eat different type of food (tanpa sadar udah kebiasaan gituuuuuuuh!) alias BOSENAN".

Gimana ...gimanah anak kost lainnya... tul ga? tul ga??...hohohoho

Therefore dear fiance, yes maybe I blacklisted some foods (explain later in the next article) but the main reason why I'm being crankier and grumpier here it's because my body needs time to adjust to eat one type of cuisine everyday! (and sometimes even the same dish for almost two weeks in a row :(( ).
But I don't think I want to adjust my body. Since it's gonna be so sad living only eating one type of cuisine every single day...

No comments: