Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Invitation to all the girls

Paling sering denger komentar "loh kok pake kaos sih, emangnya sekarang hari Jumat?" atau "loh rapi banget loe, mo kondangan yah?"
I hate, I repeat, hate those comments.

First, it's not always a shirt sometimes it's a knitwear or a blouse. It's different people!
Second, well, these are the asumptions
- I buy the clothes because I think the clothes look cute
- It is very hard to find a cute basic t-shirt. It's a t-shirt what d yaa expect? Yes, I admit, there tons of cute fashionable shirt, but the cost is a fortune. Since I'm not a director, the dress will waaay overdress for me.
- I spend most of my time in the office. I go there 5 days in a week.

So, when am I supposed to wear all of my clothes? On the weekend? Oh please, give me a break! Weekend has only 2 days and life's too short to have to wear something you don't really like just because you have to.

Women are the numero uno target for the fashion industry. If women only wear t-shirt to the office which is more than 70% of our time, the fashion industry will collaps within seconds and that would be the ultimate armageddon.

No, no, I'm not gonna stop here.
For guys who get jealous because women have the luxury to have wider choice of clothes, I suggest you to let it go!
Tanpa mengurangi rasa hormat dan tidak bermaksud untuk diskriminasi, but Double standard is still common here, so, unless you guys can pull David Beckham, please stick to your t-shirt :P.

The most important thing is what I wear doesn't affect my jobs in a negative way. In fact, they give me positive boost. I'm happy when I wear something I like and when I'm happy I tend to be more productive.
So, unless the girl wears 'kaos oblong bali' or 'kaos encek2 yang lagi cah/goreng kwetiaw' I don't really see a problem here.

Let's campaign for Office Fashion Freedom!

1 comment:

Johan Rusli said...

gue dukung dah kampanyenya :-) memang seharusnya kita bisa mengungkapkan/memakai apapun yang kita mau selagi tidak menggangu orang lain dan norma-norma, go fighting girl...!!!