Monday, January 19, 2009

My fufu is crashed! Attention to all AVG user!

Well, Thanks to AVG my laptop is now crashing...
This is the sad story....

PS: I named my laptop fufu short from fujitsu

Saturday night, 2 days ago, I watched episode 11 of The Desperate Housewives. Yes I know, I'm 2 episodes left behind, that's why I was very excited to watch it. FYI, I don't like to be interrupted while I am watching movies. I usually ignore the interruption or snap at it.

There were two interruptions that night. One is my mother's questions (Dont ask me, forget the questions already), and the second one is from AVG. My anti virus kept popping the error message saying that my laptop got infected by some kind of virus. Since I can not and dare not to ignore or snap at the first interruption, I pay less attention to the second one. First I set the AVG to heal the infected object, but then it showed me another message saying the object can not be healed. Then I set the AVG to move the object to the vault, but then another message displayed.
Irritated, I ticked the option to remove the object using power user. That's my friend, my biggest mistake!! Because, after my laptop was restarted, I couldnot login into it. The laptop kept logging me off automatically.
Never ever ticked to remove the object using power user. Apparently, AVG made a mistake by recognising some windows file as viruses.
Read the news here:
http://tekno.kompas.com/read/xml/2008/11/13/09260929/antivirus.avg.bikin.crash.

The vendor even apoligize (http://tekno.kompas.com/read/xml/2008/11/17/10182272/Vendor.Sekuriti.AVG.Minta.Maaf.)

Until now I haven't solved this problem, but I already begged my sweet dearest fiance to come and fix it tonight. Well, cross my finger and hoping for the best.
I'll update with the solution later.

No comments: